Thank you for choosing to recognize your outstanding career and technical students with NTHS! Establishing a chapter is easy, rewarding and FREE!
NTHS works with high schools, career centers, technical schools and colleges that offer career and technical programs. NTHS is the premier honor organization to help you recognize your CTE students for their hard work and achievements.
Steps to establish your chapter:
1. Meet with the head of your school to get approval.
2. Complete and submit the charter application. No cost to establish a chapter!
Call 800.801.7090 with questions.
3. Log in credentials will be emailed to you. Log in and take a look around nths.org, watch the NTHS
promo video, advisor training video and PowerPoint.
4. Order a free promotional kit, including a sample membership, posters and brochures to promote
NTHS on your campus.
5. Set your chapter’s criteria, invite students to join, and enter their information online. Membership is $25, a one-time fee and we’ll
invoice the school with Net 30 terms.
Students must attain an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (unweighted), and be enrolled in a career/technical education program or major.
Chapters may also consider: credit hours completed; attendance; disciplinary records; additional GPA requirements for technical courses; one or more faculty and/or staff recommendations; active involvement in student government; and Career Tech Student Organization, civic or service organization membership(s).
What members receive:
Membership certificate, ID card, presentation folder, white tassel with NTHS logo drop, lapel pin, window decal and diploma seal. All items are sent to the advisor for distribution to students. Members also have online benefits, including letters of recommendation and access to the NTHS online career center, as well as the opportunity to apply for scholarships.
NTHS members who have not yet graduated are eligible to apply for scholarships. The NTHS Jon H. Poteat Scholarship opens each September 1st and closes the following April 20th. NTHS/CTSO scholarships are also available – discover them here.
NTHS is here to help you every step of the way! Contact us at 800-801-7090 or email Carol Kaczmarek. We look forward to working with you!