NTHS provides all the resources you need to be successful with your chapter. We are here to help you every step of the way!
If you are an existing NTHS advisor and would like to gain access to additional forms and resources, please log in using your ID and password. If you do not know your ID or password, click on Forgot Password at the top right of www.nths.org. Resources available include:
- NTHS Standards
- Suggested Chapter Guidelines
- NTHS Bylaws
- Tips for a Strong, Healthy Chapter
- Student Member Application and Occupational Codes
- Invitations/Congratulations Certificates
- Induction Ceremony Script and Tips
And many more items to assist you!
The role of an NTHS advisor is important in giving your students the recognition they’ve earned. Here is a brief overview of how to get started with your chapter:
- Establish your chapter criteria and identify qualifying students.
- Invite students to an information meeting to share the benefits of NTHS membership.
- Register students online. Once in our national database, they are NTHS members.
- Have an induction ceremony to publicly recognize your new members.
For each NTHS member, advisors receive:
- Membership Certificate and Presentation Folder
- White Graduation Tassel with NTHS drop
- ID Card, Lapel Pin, Window Decal and Diploma Seal
NTHS members can access student benefits on our website using their log in credentials. Members can build a strong portfolio by utilizing general and customized letters of recommendation while composing an impressive resume. In addition, members will have access to the Online Career Center and be eligible for NTHS Scholarships. Over $225,000 will be awarded in 2016.
Encourage your NTHS members to take advantage of our scholarship opportunities. The NTHS Jon H. Poteat Scholarship is open each September 1st to the following April 20th. If a student wins a Jon H. Poteat Scholarship, the Foundation will hold those monies for up to three years. Members have time to choose a specific field of study and decide which post-secondary school best fits their needs. No essays are required for the scholarship application.
Questions? Call the national office at 800.801.7090 and we’ll be glad to assist you.