Silver Star of Excellence Service Learning Award
Due to increased response the deadline date to submit the application is extended to May 1, 2014. Any questions, contact Mr. Allen Powell
NTHS encourages its chapters and members to be actively involved in making a positive difference in their local community.
The focus of this national award is to identify a need within the community, develop an action plan, drive a service learning initiative into action, and getting NTHS members actively invoilved in meeting local needs.
Entries must be a member-made Power Point and/or video, not exceeding 10 minutes in length along with a completed entry form. The project must be carried out during the current school year and include the following:
- an introduction and explanation of the needs(s),
- an action plan designed to meet the need(s),
- a complete list of members, school staff, and/or volunteers involved,
- a summary of the results or impact of the service learning initiative.
Entries will be evaluated and scored based on a total of 100 possible points.
|NTHS member involvement||25%|
|Impact on community||25%|
Any NTHS chapter meeting the above criteria with a score of 90% or above will be awarded the NTHS Silver Star of Excellence Service Learning Award.
Service Learning Award Guidelines:
- Active NTHS Chapters in good standing may apply, and only one entry per chapter will be considered.
- Entries will be accepted after January 1 and must be postmarked on or before March 1 of the year the local chapter undertook the service learning project.
- Entry forms must be filled out clearly and thoroughly and attached to the front of all submitted information and documentation.
- Entries should include all relevant documentation, i.e. student feedback, teacher/school comments, pictures, posters, and examples of programs or other collateral materials.
- Entries that meet the criteria will be recognized with the NTHS Silver Star of Excellence
- Service Learning Award.
- The decision of the NTHS Awards Selection Committee will be final, and winners will be announced following their evaluation of all entries.
Download NTHS Silver Star of Excellence in Service Learning application.
|Service Learning Award Form.doc||95.5 KB|